Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bad Day, But also a Good Day.........

Okay well I made a grocery shopping trip today, me and my husband. I had everything planned out. We went to cvs and got the excedrin deal, luckily I had picked up some $2.00 coupons off excedrin express gels the week before at kroger. There was also $2.00 off back and body in last sundays inserts.
Cvs had their excedrin express gels 20ct for $1.99! Free Excedrin!!

Heres my Bill:

2 Excedrin Back and Body 24ct - $1.99
9 Excedrin Express Gels 20ct - $1.99
1 Energy Fuel Multipack - $9.99
We was looking for the cvs brand energy shots they had on sale for 4/$10 last week but they seemed to not have any in the store even at regular price
11 $2.00 coupons
subtotal- $9.88
tax- $2.23
Total - $12.11

Great for 11 boxes of excedrin and if we didnt get the energy shots it would have been about $2 or $3!

Okay so then we went to Kroger, This is were my day went kinda bad.... I had plans to go get the Glade Scented oil warmers. I had buy 1 get 1 free coupons and they were priced $4.49. So two for $4.49 is a great price for two! But to sweeten the deal, you recieved a $4 catalina for every one glade you bought so I make money from it. Well I had 6 b1g1f coupons so that means 12 warmers....they only had 6 of the warmers at $4.49,So I got the last 6, I got 3 glade scented oil nightlight's at $6.99 and 3 Glade scented oil Fan's for $7.99. So I didnt get to make much money but I did get the warmers for free!....
6 Glade scented oil warmer - $4.49 each
3 Glade scented oil nightlight - $6.99 each
3 Glade scented oil fan holder - $7.99 each
B1g1f coupon - $4.49
B1g1f coupon - $4.49
B1g1f coupon - $4.49
B1g1f coupon - $6.99
B1G1f coupon - $7.99
tax- $5.03
total- $48.06
recieved catalina's - $48.00
cost- $0.06c!!

So I went back and got my grocerys they was out of the pizza rolls, so I got a rain check (they were $1 each and I had 35c coupon, doubled to 70c, pizza rolls for 30c!).
Well I went to get the johnsons baby oil, and the cashier said I was not allowed to have the $1.89 baby oil with the $3 off 3 johnsons as it was a trial size! It so was not, and I was due to get the $1 catalina for those too. I got the 4oz baby powder and i was not able to use the Johnson's $1 coupon with those as the cashier said it was a trial. It so was not!! well, anyways, here is what I got finally after her taking 6 baby powders off and 3 baby oil's off my bill...

6 armour sizzle and serve pork links - $1.00 each
6 green giant vegetables - $1.00 each (in all the fuss I forgot to give her the coupons for these but they would of been 50c with a 25c coupon doubled)
6 Celestial Tea - $1.00 each
1 4pk Cottonelle - 99c
2 Halls cough drops - $1.00 each
2 Land O Lakes butter - $1.00 each
1 Sunny Delight OJ - $1.00 (also forgot this coupon!)
5 Country Bobs Sauce - $2.99
1 Febreeze noticeables - $6.99
2 20z cokes - $1.49 each
Blue Plate Mayonaise - $3.69

6 armour sizzle and serve - 35c coupons doubled to 70c coupons
6 Celestial Tea - $1 coupons
1 cottonelle - 50c Esaver coupon loaded onto Kroger Card
2 Halls cough drops - 35c coupons doubled to 70c coupons
2 Land O Lakes Butter - 55c coupons
5 country bobs sauce - Free coupons ($2.99 each)
1 Febreeze noticeable - $5 Esaver coupon loaded onto Kroger Card
(I had a $5 coupon also to get overage on this as the coupon on the kroger card is classed as a store coupon... but cashier would not allow it as I would get the item for free... yeah!...anyways it ending up costing me $1.99)

5 $4 catalinas (from glade deal) - $20

tax - $2.00
total - $3.94

recieved - $3 in catalinas for the 3 baby oils she took off my bill! lol

so In kroger, total, I spent - $52.00
and have $31.00 in catalina's off my next order left!

$21.00 for all that isnt too bad.

So we get home and I read my emails.... got more comments from my walmart deal....
heres the story... there were Mr Clean bottles or liquid and the sprays for $2.50 in walmart. They had free magic erasers attached to them. I was told that it is perfectly fine to use the B1G1F coupon and the 50c coupon for both items. The coupon states that you buy one you get one free, it does not state that you cant use a coupon on the bought item. So people are saying you need both products to use the buy one get one free coupon. This I know... I also know that many many people have used these coupons this way. If they scrutinized every single wording on the coupon, we ALL would never get the deals we are getting.... I got told that 'if the store is dumb enough to let you do it'........ why would they be dumb? doesnt the b1g1f coupon ask for the price of the free item? yes so doesnt that mean it is for the free item? yes... anyways, the cashier stopped and read the coupon, she was a experienced cashier! she said it was fine. Im just fed up and aggrivated with people who will sit there and tell you that you are breaking the rules, knowing the situation with coupons anyway. If i was using a copy of a valid coupon, a counterfit coupon, or a expired coupon, or not buying the specified size and product then I would understand.... It almost makes me want to stop using coupons altogether...........

1 comments:

Saving Sherry said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the details! http://savingsherry.blogspot.com/2008/10/saving-memories-ive-been-tagged.html