Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Saving Money Without Using Coupons!

So I know im always saying how I save money with coupons, but you can really save money without using coupons as coupons are not available for everything! Sometimes there is little stuff that you need personally and through the house that you just have to have either for everyday life or to decorate your house. Me... being frugal... lol I try to find a cheaper version but with a little work just as good. Here are my finds for today.

1-I really needed a tripod, just a small one as im always taking photos for my blog, or hotcouponworld, showing what great deals I get! At walmart I would at least pay $10 for a small tripod for my digital camera. With a little waiting and looking around I found one at Dollar Tree for just $1. It works just as good and holds my camera just fine!




2-I have seen the cute little wooden signs around, with the sayings Faith Family Friends, and can cost a lot. But I didnt want to pay much! So with a little imagination and time I made one myself. I found one at Dollar Tree for just $1 and painted it to match my bedroom colors. I can always re-paint it if i ever change color schemes and it only cost me $1!




3-I was looking around for a mirror. I found one fairly cheap at walmart for about $4. I just needed it big enough to were I could fix my hair in front of it. I found a black framed mirror big enough for my needs at Dollar Tree for just $1. If I wanted to I could paint the frame or add little touches to make it personalised but i liked the black as it went with my bed (black frame). Here it is shown with my 'faith' sign resting on it.




4-Myself & my Sister-in-law decided to visit Walmart to pick up a few items, while I was there I picked up some Valentines Day cards for next year for my nieces! They were clearanced out for 60c each! What a bargain! I also got 4 bags of Valentines Chocolates for just 25c each.






5-As my closest friends and family know, I love angels! although I havent been needing any more angels Im always on the lookout for items I really like for cheap. I found this Birthday card at a local thrift store for 10c! I have seen this photo online before and is one of my faves. I intend to put it in a frame matching my decor (will cost only $1) for a cheap picture for my wall! You would never know it was a card!




6-I Love my nieces! I also love my photography. I made my own piece of art for under $4. I had the middle photo of my niece Victoria from her prom photos. I decided to take my other 2 nieces to the park and get some creative photos of them. We had so much fun & I got so many good shots (im not some fab photographer! just learning with a 10mp digital camera!) I took them to Walmart and had Lauren & Sarahs photos printed in the same 'sepia tone' as Victorias Photo..(made by a pro!) I found some simple photo frames that matched my decor for just $1 each (4x6). I think my nieces are beautiful and a great way to spend under $4!!



3 comments:

Heidi said...

The pictures you took, look great! And I love your other frugal tips. I guess I need to scope out the Dollar Tree here. I try to avoid it because I always spend more money than I intended but sometimes you can find great deals there.

emalou84 said...

Thanks! Yep especially if your looking for something specific! I tend to pick up little items that i really dont need, I always ask myself do I really need this? If not I will put it up lol

Anonymous said...

Hey if you want to find me now that I've been banned, you can find me at www.weusecoupons.com check it out if you get a chance.

Tell them Foggy sent you!

Hope to see you there!!